Recently, there have been changes in immigration laws that have affected US and Canadian plated vehicles in Mexico for the long term. Novamar has designed the “Amigos de Novamar Mexican Plated Insurance Program” in response to these changes.
The program is limited to Canadians and Americans living full or part-time in Mexico, and has the best terms and conditions. It offers the lowest auto insurance pricing in the market, with premiums up to 35% lower than the competition.
Thanks to stellar driving records the expat community has had for over decades while living in Mexico, Novamar was able to negotiate the reduced rates.
Typically, the Tourist Auto Policies (US/Canadian licence plates) have had lower premiums. With the Amigos de Novamar MX Auto Program, we can offer our clients the same, or lower, premiums for their Mexican plated vehicles.
- Any driver is automatically fully covered
- Road-side assistance in Canada, Mexico, and the US *you are automatically covered in these three countries
- Driver’s Liability Extension which allows a driver to use other vehicles while the coverage transfers as well
- Limit of MX$200,000 per event, to cover medical expenses of passengers
- Limit of US$5,000 to US$25,000 per event, to cover medical expenses of passengers within the US or Canada
- Theft or total loss, up to market value
- Partial loss and material damage, up to market value
- Total loss of rental cars, coverage up to 15 days or MX$11,000
- Property damage and bodily injury liability, limited to MX$4,000,000, which complies with the minimum newly required by Mexican Labor Law in different states
- Liability of property bodily injury and property damage in the US and Canada with a limit of US$100,000, covering you in the three countries
- Legal expenses for bail bonds and lawyer’s assistance in Mexico only
- Up to MX$100,000 insured for death of driver
We offer four different premiums and coverage option that fit every budget and need: Amplia, Amplia.GT, Basica, & Limitada.